- Do you need to either add a stereo to your boat or upgrade your existing equipment?
- Are you looking for high quality full range sound that is going to have enough bass to fill out the bottom end of your music and you only have room for 1 subwoofer?
- Are you searching for a complete solution that is going to sound great, work well together, or you don't have to worry about making sure every component will work together?
We have put together our marine stereo packages using the best products available in order to give customers a complete, easy to order solution to meet their audio needs.
This package is perfect for you if...
- You have a boat that currently has (4), 8" speaker in the hull and either currently has a single 10" subwoofer or has room to add a 10" subwoofer.
- Your boat does not currently have a stereo system in it, but you have room for (4) 8" speakers and a 10" subwoofer
- You have a boat that currently has (4), 6.5" speaker in the hull and you have room to upgrade to 8" speakers and to either upgrade or add a 10" subwoofer
- When out on the water, you want to make sure your music is loud enough and clear enough that you can turn it up over the engine, wind, and water noise.
- You want to make sure that your speakers are not going to distort when you turn the volume up loud enough to hear over the ambient noise.
- You need a subwoofer to fill out the bottom end of your music to give you true, full range response that is going to sound like your home theater system.
- You want a stereo that will play loud, crisp, clear, and bright
- You want speakers with RGB LEDs
What is Included?
This package includes the following:
- (4) 8" Wet Sounds REVO 8 speakers
- (1) Wet Sounds Amplifier
- (1) 10" Wet Sounds REVO 10 subwoofer
- (1) 10" Wet Sounds REVO 10 subwoofer grille
- (1) 7m 4 AWG Marine Grade Amp Wiring Kit (Power Only)
The Wet Sounds REVO 8 speakers are designed to play loud and clear. A boat is usually a noisy environment with noise coming from the engine, wind, and water. The Wet Sounds REVO 6 have a 1" titanium dome tweeter to cut through all that noise and ensure that you hear your music crisp and clear. Often times the speaker locations are down low, away from your ear level. When you combine that with the ambient noise, you want to make sure you have something that is going to get loud. In addition to getting loud, the REVO 6 also have RGB LEDs built in You can wire the speakers to a static color using RGB speaker wire, or you can purchase an RGB LED controller and have a full on disco party. The REVO 10 subwoofer that comes with this package
is designed for free-air applications. You can install the subwoofer directly to the hull of the boat. You don't need to worry about the recommended air space as their isn't one. Wet Sounds focuses on marine audio as their name implies. The HTX6 amplifier that is included with this package features a fully sealed design to keep any and all moisture out of the amplifier. The amp has super efficient class D circuitry provides plenty of power for the REVO 6 speakers and the REVO 10" subwoofer.
Are the 8" speakers worth it?
Yes, the REVO 8 handle more power than the REVO 6 and they are more efficient. The 8" speakers have more cone surface area and they produce better mid and sub-bass frequencies. The 8" speakers just sound better and play louder than the 6.5". If you can fit them, we will always recommend the 8" over the 6.5"
How do I wire the speakers?
Wire the speakers in parallel to channels 1-4 on the SYN-DX 6 amplifier. Connect positive on the amp to positive on the speaker and negative on the amp to negative on the speaker for each of the 4 speakers. Do not wire the speakers to channels 5 and 6 as those will be bridged to power the subwoofer.
How do I wire the subwoofer?
Channels 5 and 6 on the SYN-DX 6 amplifier will be bridged to power the subwoofer. Follow the diagram on the amp and wire positive on channel 5 to the positive terminal on the subwoofer and negative on channel 6 to negative on the subwoofer.
How do I wire the LEDs in the speakers?
In order to wire the LEDs, you will need 6 conductor speaker wire. It is known by several different names, multi-function speaker wire, 6 conductor speaker wire, RGB Speaker wire, etc. The speaker wire has 2 wires to power the speakers and 4 additional wires to power the LEDs, one red, one blue, one green, and one ground. If you only want your lights to light up 1 color and they just
stay that color the entire time, simply connect the red wire for red, the blue wire for blue, or the green wire for green and then the ground wire. If you want more color options (up to 20), or the ability to change between 19 color changing and flashing modes, you can add an RGB LED controller and you can have a full on disco party on your boat.
Is a subwoofer grille included?
Yes, this package includes the REVO 10" subwoofer grille to match the speakers. However, the subwoofer grille does not include LEDs like the speakers do.
Is the amp wiring kit included?
Yes, we include a Stinger 4 AWG marine amp wiring kit in this package. The wire is tinned and has equal length power and ground wire so that you can run the wires directly from the amp to your battery.
What about the RCAs?
Similar to the amp wiring kit situation, we also don't include the RCAs because we don't know the length you need and it varies from boat to boat.
Is speaker wire included?
Speaker wire is not included. Once again, we don't know the exact length you might need. If we include it, we have to make sure we err on the side of including too much as opposed to too little.
The Bottom Line
If you want it loud and you want RGB LED lights in your speakers, the Wet Sounds REVO 8 package is a nice upgrade over the REVO 6 as the 8" speakers play louder and sound better. The REVO 10 subwoofer is going to fill out the bottom end of your music to give you true, full-range sound. The Wet Sounds SYN-DX amps give you tons of raw power, feature a fully sealed chassis, and are backed by a 2 year warranty. If you want it loud, you want it reliable, and you want lights, this package has it all.