The Rockford Fosgate M2-8 marine speakers offer unbelievable performance, power handling, and sound quality for a marine speaker. These speakers handle 250 watts RMS which is significantly higher than most 8" marine speakers.
The additional power handling let's you put more power to these speakers for more volume, more clarity, and a better sound experience. The M2-8 speakers use a proprietary tweeter material that Rockford Fosgate refers to as PXNX.
This PXNX tweeter is not really a hard dome tweeter, yet not a silk dome tweeter. It is a hybrid material that delivers the volume and brightness you expect from a titanium tweeter with the smooth sound profile
you expect from a silk dome tweeter to give you the best of both worlds.
The M2-8 speakers come with Rockford's Color Optix RGB LEDs. The RGB LEDs are integrated into the grille of the speaker and use Rockford's Color Optix LED system for a simple, plug-and-play design for wiring the lights.
When you use Rockford's PMX-RGB LED controller and their cables, you plug one end into the controller and the other end into the speaker. No cutting, splicing, soldering, crimping, taping, or twisting required. On the speaker connections,
It also uses a plug and a pig tail for the speaker wire for a true, marine grade connection.
For the grilles, the M2-8 includes two styles of grilles. You get the standard open-style, split 6-spoke grilles as well as the stainless steel mesh grilles which are inconic for Rockford Fosgate marine.
Why Rockford Fosgate M2-8?
- 250 Watts RMS - More power handling than virtually all other 8" marine speakers
- PXNX Tweeter - You get the volume, brightness, and clarity of a metal dome tweeter with the smooth, rich sound profile of a silk-dome. (Loud Like Wet Sounds w/ the Sound Quality of JL Audio)
- Color Optix RGB LEDs - Wiring the RGB LEDs is fast, simple, and easy with the Color Optix RGB LED sytem.
- Two Style of Speaker Grilles Included - You get both the open style grilles and the stainless steel mesh grilles.
- Save $100 per Pair vs. JL Audio M6 - Save money versus "The other guys"