- Are you an audiophile looking for the best possible sound quality for your boat?
- Are you looking for high quality full range sound that is going to have enough bass to fill out the bottom end of your music and you only have room for 1 subwoofer?
- Are you searching for a complete solution and you want the absolute best products available?
We have put together our marine stereo packages using the best products available in order to give customers a complete, easy to order solution to meet their audio needs.
This package is perfect for you if...
- You have a boat that currently has (4), 8.8" speakers in the hull and either currently has a single 10" subwoofer or has room to add a 10" subwoofer.
- Your boat does not currently have a stereo system in it, but you have room for (4) 8.8" speakers and a 10" subwoofer.
- Your boat has (4) 6.5" or 8" speakers but you have room to upgrade to 8.8" speakers and upgrade or add a 10" subwoofer.
- When out on the water, you want the absolute best sound quality you can get.
- You want the best of the best, and you are willing to pay to get it.
What is Included?
This package includes the following:
- (4) 8.8" JL Audio M6 marine grade speakers
- Your Choice of JL Audio Marine Amplifier(s)
- (1) 10" JL Audio M6 Subwoofer
- (1) Stinger 4 AWG Marine Amp Wiring Kit for Each Amplifier
- Option to Add an Additional 10" M6 Subwoofer
JL Audio M6 speakers and subwoofers provide the absolute best overall sound quality of any marine speakers available. These speakers just flat out sound better. The difference is in the tweeter. While most marine speakers use aluminum or titanium dome tweeters, the JL Audio M6 uses specially treated silk dome tweeters. This gives you rich, warm, well-balanced sound
output that is simply unmatched by other products. In terms of the subwoofer, JL is known for their subwoofers. They do subs better than anyone else and you don't have to worry about putting the subwoofer in an enclosure. The subwoofer is designed for free-air applications and you can install it directly into the hull of the boat. The M series amps offer unrivaled, power, signal processing and thermal management.
This means your stereo sounds better and you can run it as loud as you want, for as long as you want, and you don't have to worry about the amps cutting out or overheating.
Are the 8.8" speakers worth the extra money?
Yes. If you have the space and you can fit the 8.8" speakers, go with the 8.8". The larger speakers have more surface area, they handle more power, and they have better sub and mid-bass response. The 8.8" will simply play louder and sound better than the 6.5" and the 7.7". The 7.7" M6 speakers are more efficient, but the larger cone and larger tweeter will sound better and play louder.
How do I wire the speakers?
The speaker wiring on this package is straightforward. The amp has 4 speaker outputs. Run positive on the amp to positive on the speaker and negative on the amp to negative on the speaker for each of the 4 speakers.
How do I wire the subwoofer?
The subwoofer wiring is straightforward, it is a single 4 ohm subwoofer and you just connect positive on the subwoofer channel of the M700/5 amp to positive on the speaker. Repeat and do the same thing with the negative terminal. Please refer to the wiring diagram if you have any further questions.
How do I wire the LEDs in the speakers?
In order to wire the LEDs, you will need 6 conductor speaker wire. It is known by several different names, multi-function speaker wire, 6 conductor speaker wire, RGB Speaker wire, etc. The speaker wire has 2 wires to power the speakers and 4 additional wires to power the LEDs, one red, one blue, one green, and one ground. If you only want your lights to light up 1 color and they just
stay that color the entire time, simply connect the red wire for red, the blue wire for blue, or the green wire for green and then the ground wire. You can also wire multiple colors to create up the 7 different, static options. Please refer to the owner's manual for more info. If you want more color options (up to 20), or the ability to change between 19 color changing and flashing modes, you can add an RGB LED controller and you can have a full on disco party on your boat.
Is a subwoofer grille included?
Yes, the JL Audio M6 10" subwoofer comes with the same color and style grille of the speakers. Everything will match nicely
What about the RCAs?
Similar to the amp wiring kit situation, we also don't include the RCAs because we don't know the length you need and it varies from boat to boat.
Is speaker wire included?
Speaker wire is not included. Once again, we don't know the exact length you might need. If we include it, we have to make sure we err on the side of including too much as opposed to too little.
The Bottom Line
The 8.8" speakers are large and you need to make sure you can fit them. But, if you are an audiophile or you want the best possible sound quality in your boat, the JL Audio 8.8" M6 is the answer. Anything can get loud, but the real difference is how it sounds when it is loud. If you have to have the best and you are willing to pay for it, here you go. We do caution you though, this isn't necessarily going to be the absolute loudest option, but it will be the option with the best sound quality. Rockford and Wet Sounds will play louder than the M6, everything else being equal, but the richness and depth of the output won't compare to the M6.