What is Included?
This package includes the following:
- (4) 6.5" JL Audio M6 marine grade speakers
- (1) 10" JL Audio M6 Subwoofer
- Your Choice of JL Audio Marine Amplifier
- (1) 7-meter 4 AWG Marine Amp Wiring Kit
- Hassle Free Shopping - Our stereo packages make it easy to get great sound in your boat. You don't need to worry about whether these speakers work with that amp. We have taken the guesswork out of the equation and provide you with options that will work with the components. Yes, some options are better than others and may cost more, but regardless of what amp and speaker combo you select, know that it is going to sound great.
- The Best 6.5" Marine Speakers on the Planet - The JL Audio 6.5" M6 speakers
deliver the absolute best overall sound quality of any marine speakers available.
These speakers just flat out sound better.
- The Difference is The Tweeter - While most marine speakers use aluminum or titanium dome
tweeters, the JL Audio M6 uses specially treated silk dome tweeters. This gives you rich, warm, well-balanced sound
output that is simply unmatched by other products.
- Free Air or Infinite Baffle Subwoofer - The subwoofer is designed for free-air applications
and you can install it directly into the hull of the boat. No enclosure needed.
- Class D Circuitry from M Series Amplifiers - The M series amplifiers use Class D circuitry and deliver superior sound quality. These amplifiers are efficient and deliver tons
of clean power to the speakers.
- The Amp Will Never Shut Off Due to Overheating - You can run the JL Audio M-Series amplifiers as hard as you want, for as long as you want, on the hottest day of the year and not have to worry about the amplifier shutting down due to overheating. JL's Advance Thermal Rollback Protection technology
decreases the amplifier output without your ears noticing while the amp allows itself to "cool off." Then, once it has, it goes right back to peak output all without you ever noticing.
- JL Audio Marine is Designed to Last - When buying JL Audio marine products, you know that you are getting quality products that are designed to last. There's a reason JL is the audio choice for so many boat OEMs and that is becuase they make quality products, that sound great, that will last for years in the harsh marine environment.
These speakers just flat out sound better.
- 4 AWG Marine Amp Kit Included - This kit includes a 4 AWG Stinger marine amp wiring kit with 7 meter long power and ground wire. The power and ground wires are molded together like speaker wire which makes it easier when routing the wire through the hull of your boat, back to the battery.
Which Amplifier Do You Recommend?
If it is my boat, I would go with the M1000/5. The M6 10-inch subwoofer handles 250 watts RMS and has a 4 ohm voice coil. The M700/5 only puts out 180 watts at 4 ohms. The M1000/5 puts out 400 watts at 4 ohms. I would rather have more power, keep the gain turned down, and have some head room versus maxing out the the subwoofer channel on the M700/5.
How do I wire the speakers?
The speaker wiring on this package is straightforward. The amp has 4 speaker outputs. Run positive on the amp to positive on the speaker and negative on the amp to negative on the speaker for each of the 4 speakers.
How do I wire the subwoofer?
The subwoofer wiring is straightforward, it is a single 4 ohm subwoofer and you just connect positive on the subwoofer channel of the M700/5 amp to positive on the speaker. Repeat and do the same thing with the negative terminal. Please refer to the wiring diagram if you have any further questions.
Is a subwoofer grille included?
Yes, the JL Audio M3 10" subwoofer comes with the same color and style grille of the speakers. Everything will match nicely
Is the amp wiring kit included?
Yes. We include a 7-meter, 4 AWG marine amplifier wiring kit for each amplifier. So, if you choose an amplifier package with one amp, you get one amp wiring kit. If the amplifier selection has two amplifiers,
you get two amplifier wiring kits, and so on.
What about the RCAs?
We do not include RCA cables becuase the length and number of connections varies so drastically. Depending on the number of zones your head unit has, and the distance from your head unit to your amplifier(s), it is impossible
to come up
Is speaker wire included?
Speaker wire is not included. Once again, we don't know the exact length you might need. If we include it, we have to make sure we err on the side of including too much as opposed to too little.
Is there anything else you need??
We recommend adding a circuit breaker. The amp wiring kit comes with a fuse, but on a boat, you don't want to be dealing with a fuse.
- M700/5- 60 Amp Circuit Breaker
- M1000/5 - 80 Amp Circuit Breaker
- MHD900/5 - 80 Amp Circuit Breaker
- M800/8 + M600/1 - 80 Amp Circuit Breaker and a 60 Amp Circuit Breaker
The Bottom Line
If you are an audiophile or you want the best possible sound quality in your boat, the JL Audio M6 is the answer. Anything can get loud, but the real difference is how it sounds when it is loud. If you have to have the best and you are willing to pay for it, here you go.