- Do you need to either add a stereo to your boat or upgrade your existing equipment?
- Are you looking for high quality full range sound that is going to have enough bass to fill out the bottom end of your music and you only have room for 1 subwoofer?
- Are you searching for a complete solution that is going to sound great, work well together, or you don't have to worry about making sure every component will work together?
This package is perfect for you if...
- You have a boat that currently has (4), 7.7" speakers in the hull and either currently has a single 10" subwoofer or has room to add a 10" subwoofer.
- Your boat does not currently have a stereo system in it, but you have room for (4) 7.7" speakers and a 10" subwoofer
- Your boat has (4) 6.5" speakers but you have room to upgrade to the 7.7" and either upgrade or add a 10" subwoofer
- When out on the water, you want to make sure your music is loud enough and clear enough that you can turn it up over the engine, wind, and water noise.
- You want to make sure that your speakers are not going to distort when you turn the volume up loud enough to hear over the ambient noise.
- You need a subwoofer to fill out the bottom end of your music to give you true, full range response that is going to sound like your home theater system.
- You prefer sound quality over volume, but you also have a budget.
What is Included?This package includes the following:
- (4) 7.7" JL Audio M3 marine grade speakers
- (1) JL Audio M700/5 4 channel marine amplifier
- (1) 10" JL Audio M3 Subwoofer
JL Audio M3 speakers and subwoofers give you the superior sound quality you expect from JL marine speakers, but at an affordable price point. These speakers sound better than the other similar priced 6.5" speakers. The M3 might be just slightly more expensive, but you do get what you pay for. In terms of the subwoofer, JL is known for their subwoofers. They do subs better than anyone else and you don't have to worry about putting the subwoofer in an enclosure. The subwoofer is designed for free-air applications and you can install it directly into the hull of the boat. The M series amps offer unrivaled, power, signal processing and thermal management. This means your stereo sounds better and you can run it as loud as you want, for as long as you want, and you don't have to worry about the amps cutting out or overheating.
Are the 7.7" speakers worth the extra money?Yes. If you have the space and you can fit the 7.7" speakers, go with the 7.7". The larger speakers have more surface area, they handle more power, and they have better sub and mid-bass response. The 7.7" will simply play louder and sound better than the 6.5".
How do I wire the speakers?The speaker wiring on this package is straightforward. The amp has 4 speaker outputs. Run positive on the amp to positive on the speaker and negative on the amp to negative on the speaker for each of the 4 speakers.
How do I wire the subwoofer?The subwoofer wiring is straightforward, it is a single 4 ohm subwoofer and you just connect positive on the amp to positive on the speaker. Repeat and do the same thing with the negative terminal. Please refer to the wiring diagram if you have any further questions.
Is a subwoofer grille included?Yes, the JL Audio M3 10" subwoofer comes with the same color and style grille of the speakers. Everything will match nicely
Is the amp wiring kit included?No. We do not include the amp wiring kit because every boat ends up being different. Depending on the location of your amps and the battery location, the power wire might need to be 20+ feet long for one boat and only 9 feet long for the next. The way to solve for this would be to include a 20 foot long amp wiring kit in with every package. This would then force the customer than only needs 9 feet to overpay for something he or she doesn't need.
What about the RCAs?Similar to the amp wiring kit situation, we also don't include the RCAs because we don't know the length you need and it varies from boat to boat.
Is speaker wire included?Speaker wire is not included. Once again, we don't know the exact length you might need. If we include it, we have to make sure we err on the side of including too much as opposed to too little.
The Bottom LineIf you prefer sound quality over just sheer volume, but you want an affordable this package is perfect. With the speakers and amplifiers in this package, your system will get as loud as your ears can handle, inside your boat. If you want to be the loudest guy on the water and make sure that everyone else can hear your music, there are probably better options from Rockford or Wet Sounds. If you want something that is going to sound great and you don't care about others hearing your music, you just want to be able to hear your music, as loud as YOU want to hear it, and you want it to sound fantastic, the JL Audio M3's are perfect.
JL Audio M3-770X-S-Gw 7.7" Marine Speakers Gloss White Sport Grilles
RMS Power Handling
Peak Power Handling
Recommended Amplifier Power
45Hz - 25 kHz +/- 3db
90.5db @ 1W/1m
Mounting Hole Dia.
Bolt Circle Diameter
Frame Outer Dia.
JL Audio M3 10 Inch Subwoofer for Infinite Baffle Gloss White Sport Grille
RMS Power Handling
100W - 175W
Single 4 Ohm
87.23db @ 1W/1m
Mounting Hole Diameter
Bolt Hole Circle Diameter
Free Air Application
JL Audio M700/5 700 Watt 5 Channel Marine Amplifier
Rated Power @ 4 Ohm
75W x 4 +180W x 1
Rated Power @ 2 Ohm (Full Range)
100W x 4 + 300W x 1
Rated Power @ 4 Ohm (Bridged)
200W x 2 + N/A
12Hz - 22kHz/10 Hz - 1 kHz
100mV - 4V
Filters Ch. 1&2
High Pass Only
Filters (Ch. 3&4)
High Pass or Bandpass
12 dB/Octave (Full Range), 12/24 dB/Octave (Subwoofer)
THD+N @Rated Power
<1.0% @ 2 Ohms
Selectable Input Mode
Yes (2/4/6 Ch.)
Pass-Through Pre-Amp Output
Recommended Power Wire
Remove Level Control
Why Should You Buy from MarineStereo.com?
- Free Shipping on Orders over $100
- Free Returns
- 60 Day Satisfaction Guarantee
- Online Authorized
You don't have to pay for shipping on all orders over $100. Applies to the continental US only. Orders under $100 are a flat rate, $9.95.
You can return any item within 30 of receipt. Continental US only. No re-stocking fees. We email you a label. You drop it off at a FedEx location. Items must be un-installed and in the original packaging.
We sell the best products in the industry. If you decide within 60 days that you don't like the way your boat sounds, let us know. We will work with you to exchange your products for something else. We want you to be happy with the way your boat sounds, we believe in the products we sell, and we are confident that we can find a solution that will put a smile on your face.
We are online authorized to sell the best marine audio products in the world. When you buy from MarineStereo.com, not only do we stand behind the product, but so does the manufacturer. We are online authorized for JL Audio, Wet Sounds, Kicker, Rockford Fosgate, Fusion, Memphis, Stinger, Hertz, and more. Your warranty is valid.