- Do you need to either add a stereo to your boat or upgrade your existing equipment?
- Are you looking for high quality full range sound that is going to have enough bass to fill out the bottom end of your music and you only have room for 1 subwoofer?
- Are you searching for a complete solution that is going to sound great, work well together, or you don't have to worry about making sure every component will work together?
- Do you want speakers with RGB LEDs?
We have put together our marine stereo packages using the best products available in order to give customers a complete, easy to order solution to meet their audio needs.
This package is perfect for you if...
- You have a boat that currently has (4), 7.7" speakers in the hull and either currently has a single 10" subwoofer or has room to add a 10" subwoofer.
- Your boat does not currently have a stereo system in it, but you have room for (4) 7.7" speakers and a 10" subwoofer
- Your boat has (4) 6.5" speakers but you have room to upgrade to the 7.7"
- When out on the water, you want to make sure your music is loud enough and clear enough that you can turn it up over the engine, wind, and water noise.
- You want to make sure that your speakers are not going to distort when you turn the volume up loud enough to hear over the ambient noise.
- You need a subwoofer to fill out the bottom end of your music to give you true, full range response that is going to sound like your home theater system.
- You prefer sound quality over volume, but you also have a budget.
- You want RGB LED lights in your speakers because, well, LED accent lighting is cool.
What is Included?
This package includes the following:
- (4) 7.7" JL Audio M3 marine grade speakers
- (1) JL Audio XDM700/5 5 channel marine amplifier
- (1) 10" JL Audio M3 Subwoofer w/ RGB LEDs
JL Audio M3 speakers and subwoofers give you the superior sound quality you expect from JL marine speakers, but at an affordable price point. These speakers sound better than the other similar priced 6.5" speakers. The M3 might be just slightly more expensive, but you do get what you pay for. In terms of the subwoofer,
JL is known for their subwoofers. They do subs better than anyone else and you don't have to worry about putting the subwoofer in an enclosure. The subwoofer is designed for free-air applications and you can install it directly into the hull of the boat. The M series amps offer unrivaled, power, signal processing and thermal management.
This means your stereo sounds better and you can run it as loud as you want, for as long as you want, and you don't have to worry about the amps cutting out or overheating.
Are the 7.7" speakers worth the extra money?
Yes. If you have the space and you can fit the 7.7" speakers, go with the 7.7". The larger speakers have more surface area, they handle more power, and they have better sub and mid-bass response. The 7.7" will simply play louder and sound better than the 6.5".
How do I wire the speakers?
The speaker wiring on this package is straightforward. The amp has 4 speaker outputs. Run positive on the amp to positive on the speaker and negative on the amp to negative on the speaker for each of the 4 speakers.
How do I wire the subwoofer?
The subwoofer wiring is straightforward, it is a single 4 ohm subwoofer and you just connect positive on the amp to positive on the speaker. Repeat and do the same thing with the negative terminal. Please refer to the wiring diagram if you have any further questions.
How do I wire the LEDs in the speakers?
In order to wire the LEDs, you will need 6 conductor speaker wire. It is known by several different names, multi-function speaker wire, 6 conductor speaker wire, RGB Speaker wire, etc. The speaker wire has 2 wires to power the speakers and 4 additional wires to power the LEDs, one red, one blue, one green, and one ground. If you only want your lights to light up 1 color and they just
stay that color the entire time, simply connect the red wire for red, the blue wire for blue, or the green wire for green and then the ground wire. If you want more color options (up to 20), or the ability to change between 19 color changing and flashing modes, you can add an RGB LED controller and you can have a full on disco party on your boat.
Is a subwoofer grille included?
Yes, the JL Audio M3 10" subwoofer comes with the same color and style grille of the speakers. Everything will match nicely
Is the amp wiring kit included?
No. We do not include the amp wiring kit because every boat ends up being different. Depending on the location of your amps and the battery location, the power wire might need to be 20+ feet long for one boat and only 9 feet long for the next.
What about the RCAs?
Similar to the amp wiring kit situation, we also don't include the RCAs because we don't know the lengths vary so drastically from boat to boat
Is speaker wire included?
Speaker wire is not included. Once again, we don't know the exact length you might need.
The Bottom Line
If you prefer sound quality over just sheer volume, but you want an affordable this package is perfect. With the speakers and amplifiers in this package, your system will get as loud as your ears can handle, inside your boat. If you want to be the loudest guy on the water and make sure that everyone else can hear your music, there are probably better options from Rockford or Wet Sounds. If you want something that is going to sound great
and you don't care about others hearing your music, you just want to be able to hear your music, as loud as YOU want to hear it, and you want it to sound fantastic, the JL Audio M3's are perfect.